Ochsner Health System
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The HIM Manager is responsible for analyzing, compiling, calculating and reporting on all statistical data for the clinic and/or hospital operations in an electronic format. Responsible for the management of record reviews, training and implementation of HIM operations, addressing system problems, and providing technical support, in the clinic and hospital setting. Assists providers and support staff with the EMR workflow processes and manages all queues and error rejection reports.
- Manages and maintains various HIM databases.
- Resolves error queues and/or issues identified through reporting and feedback.
- Maintains the integrity of the system through monitoring and auditing functions.
- Provides transcription support.
- Coordinates all aspects of forms management.
- Manages trending and reporting.
- Serves as Health Information Department resource.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
- Required – Associates degree in Health Information Management or related field
- Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field
- Required – 3 years’ experience in Health Information Management or related health
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field will be accepted in lieu of 3 years work experienceCertifications
Preferred – Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and/or Certified Professional Coder- Hospital (CPC-H)
- Full comprehensive medical benefits
- Time off accrual
- 401 K
- Professional Development Courses
- Team-oriented environment
- Tuition Assistance
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For questions, contact Emily!