St. Tammany Parish Hospital
At St. Tammany Parish Hospital, delivering world-class healthcare close to home is our goal. That means we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best professionals for every position in our hospital system.
We believe the pristine beauty of St. Tammany Parish adds to our attractive compensation package. The hospital is nestled in the heart of Covington on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. It is a peaceful, scenic, community-oriented area with an abundance of amenities to suit every taste.
The Hospital Coding Manager is responsible for managing, organizing and coordinating the daily operations of the hospital’s coding team in collaboration with the Department Head to ensure consistent productivity and efficient operations. Acts as the organization’s coding and reimbursement liaison to support coding and billing reviews and/or initiatives. The Coding Manager plans and organizes all coding operational functions including monthly and annual coding audits, staffing, performance evaluations, staff development, regulatory compliance, productivity monitoring, and coding quality. In addition, the Coding Manager will support Clinic Documentation Improvement by identifying potential gaps in clinical documentation for inpatients that could impact reimbursement and payer population.
- 5-7 years of coding experience preferably in a hospital acute care setting, with two years of supervisory or management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills including a professional attitude and ability to work collaboratively with physicians, administration, CDI Team, nurses, and other support personnel.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to delegate, inspire others as well as manage challenging situations, self-directed, good decision maker with time management and organizational skills.
- Experience managing within a budget and understand financial statements to analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Must be able to work independently, set priorities and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Proficiency in basic computer and software programs including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Certification through AHIMA as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- 2-3 years of experience working with a Clinical Documentation Improvement Program (CDI).
Associate or Bachelor’s degree with RHIT or RHIA Certification through AHIMA.
Apply Online: http://www.stph.org/careers