Ochsner Health System
We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job is responsible for analyzing, compiling, calculating and reporting on all statistical data for the clinic and/or hospital operations in an electronic format. Responsible for the management of record reviews, training and implementation of HIM operations, addressing system problems, and providing technical support, in the clinic and hospital setting. Providers and support staff with the EMR workflow processes and manage all queues and error rejection reports.
• Manages and maintains various HIM databases.
• Resolves error queues and/or issues identified through reporting and feedback.
• Maintains the integrity of the system through monitoring and auditing functions.
• Provides transcription support.
• Coordinates all aspects of forms management.
• Manages trending and reporting.
• Serves as Health Information Department resource.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Required – Associates degree in Health Information Management, or a non-HIM Associate Degree
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree
- Required – 3 years experience in Health Information Management or related healthcare field.
- Preferred – Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and/or Certified Professional Coder- Hospital (CPC-H)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of required job information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout required job processes.
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work with medical staff, nursing staff, ancillary departments and co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize daily duties, multitask, communicate effectively, and make decisions necessary to complete all assigned tasks and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet project deadlines, work independently, set priorities, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure leadership situations.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, such as nights, weekends, holidays, extended shifts, etc.
We offer a full range of benefits.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please complete an online application.