LCMC Health is a Louisiana-based, not-for-profit healthcare system serving the needs of the people of Louisiana, the Gulf South and beyond. LCMC Health currently manages award-winning hospitals including Children’s Hospital New Orleans, Touro, New Orleans East Hospital, West Jefferson Holding, LLC, and University Medical Center New Orleans. LCMC Health supports its outstanding local hospitals as they deliver exceptional, compassionate healthcare to the communities they serve. Please explore our website to learn more about the work we do and our commitment to community-focused healthcare.
The Senior HIM Analyst monitors all deficiency tracking work queues and ensures all charts are being analyzed according to LCMC Health policy for completion.
- Performs chart analysis on all inpatient, outpatient, clinic visits, and emergency room records.
- Assigns chart deficiencies correctly meeting 95% accuracy rate.
- Assigns correct provider for chart deficiency to be worked.
- Maintains a two-day turnaround or less on all charts assigned to the analysis workflows.
- Monitors the transcription system to ensure that any transcribed document are on the correct encounters for completion.
- Performs medical records audits for quality, performance improvement initiatives and regulatory reporting.
Acts as the physician liaison and HIM lead for chart completion. Monitors charts approaching delinquency and contacts physicians when necessary to facilitate chart completion
- Calls physicians when an issue is identified for chart completion.
- Assists HIM Analyst with issues when assigned chart deficiencies.
- Responsible for monitoring the missing documentation queue in Epic and addressing issues for the chart to be completed.
- Ability to organize and set priorities to ensure that objectives are met with regards to chart completion.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with physicians and staff.
- Communicate effectively with all personnel involved in the processing of medical records and HIM operations.
Monitors all delinquent charts for completion by generating notification letters to the medical staff for completion. Responsible for identifying physicians that will be placed on suspension due to incomplete/ delinquent medical records.
- Runs reports and identifies all delinquent charts.
- Reviews all delinquent reports to ensure the deficiency is correct and assigned to the correct physician / provider.
- Generates notification letters to physicians for incomplete and delinquent charts as assign by LCMC policy.
- Escalates issues to the HIM Manager as needed for assistance
Familiar with policies and procedures with regards to HIM Operations.
- Follows appropriate policy and procedures with regards to chart completion, deficiency tracking and philosophy as consistent with facility’s policy and values.
Other Duties as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned, including but not limited to, assisting with other projects as needed, and attending req
Description Minimum Requirements
- 3+ years’ work experience in the Health Information Managements (HIM) field
RHIT /RHIA preferred or other related fields of study.
- Experience with the electronic health record, health information systems and healthcare applications.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic medical records systems with experience in medical records filing, prepping, scanning quality analysis or similar position.
- Must have extensive knowledge in all areas of Medical Records regulations
- HIM and /or scanning experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree healthcare or other related profession, preferre
- Requires good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer technology and preferred knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of gathering data and making sound decisions in the best interest of the organization
- Highly developed written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of standards and legal requirements for acute care, SNF, Rehab, behavioral health, clinics, and pediatrics.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate effectively with other team members and management.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/touro#/job/5499